Jun 7, 2010

Old Man Reads My Palm

Today an old man came into the shop. He must have been in his ninteys but Jesus he was jolly. He was dressed in tweed and had a cane. He hobbled up to the counter and asked if he could read my palm. He seemed harmless enough so I obliged him.
"This is your life line."
"What does it say?"
"You will lead a long and prosperous life. And this line here is your career. There are a few ups and downs on that one but it seems pretty good in general."
"What is this line here?"
"That is your love line, I can't tell you what's happening there but you know what?"
"What?"
"I just wanted to hold your hand."
He chuckled as I promptly withdrew.
"I'll tell you what," he said leaning in closer "I wouldn't be saying things like this if my wife was still alive." He threw his head back and burst out laughing.

2 comments: